Packaging refers to the technology or technique of protecting products meant for distribution, storage, sale, and use. In addition, the term also indicates the entire process of design, evaluation, and production of packages.
Packaging serves various goals such as:
· Physical protection of the different objects contained in the package from shock, vibration, temperature etc.
· Creation of a protective barrier from oxygen, water vapor etc., is very much required to maintain the freshness and sterility of the contents. Certain packages contain oxygen absorbers or modified atmospheres that help to extend the shelf life of the contents.
· Agglomeration is another important objective of packaging a product. Small objects such as powders, liquids and granular materials are generally contained together in one package for reasons of efficiency.
· Packages and labels help in communicating the various methods of using, custom mods vape transporting, recycling, or disposing of the product.
· Packaging and labels are employed by marketers for encouraging prospective buyers to buy the product.
· Packaging plays a significant role in eliminating or rather lessening the security risks of shipment. Packages could be created with tamper resistance to prevent the occurrence of tampering and to reduce the risks associated with package pilferage. Packages may also comprise authentication seals, security printing, anti-theft devices, such as dye-packs, RFID tags or electronic article surveillance tags.
· Packages often contain additional features which facilitate convenience in various processes such as distribution, handling, display, sale, reuse etc.
· Bulk commodities are often segregated into packages of suitable sizes for individual households. This helps in the control of inventory.
There are several types of Packaging machines such as Vacuum Packaging Machines, Cartoning Machines, Cleaning, Sterilizing, Cooling and Drying Machines, Converting Machines, Accumulating and Related Machines, Package Filling and Closing Machines etc. Efficient packaging machines offer a great deal of advantages to the end-users such as source reduction, waste reduction and utility conservation efforts. These eco-friendly initiatives integrate modifications in material specifications and cautious evaluation of the capabilities of packaging machines. By using efficient packaging machines, it would be easier to achieve complete transformation to greener packaging, tracking performance and reducing demands on plant utilities.